Network Runtime Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sq

Beta member
I wireless networked my sons XP Pro computer through a Netgear FWG114P wireless firewall. Setting up the internet connection was easy but I had great difficulty with file sharing but when I removed Zone Alarm things got better.

Now the network works ok, but on startup I get 2 identical runtime error 10048 (Address in Use) messages with the heading RTJ45JAETJTJATJJTJ. In Task Manager the CPU runs at 100% which is split between 2 process files (almost 50% each). These 2 files are identical, and have an alpha numeric file name which is different after each reboot. When I end these processes the CPU usage returns to normal.

After reading this forum I think I may have made an error installing ICS, but how do I now remove it, or fix up the problem?

Any help appreciated.

Well, ICS could be the problem. This error usually refers to something (application) that is starting up in the background that is trying to apply a socket (bind a socket) to an IP address port that is already in use. What applications and/or services do you have starting up upon boot?
Start > Run > msconfig > Startup tab.
Which are checked?

-Mike

In msconfig, if I disable entry BJGRJSXW Command winsys32 the problem disappears until the next boot when an entry like NRZCJTGZ will appear and the problem starts again.

Then there is something on the registry starting this up.
goto:
Start > Run > regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Run and see whats in here. you can just post all the items if you wish...

-Mike

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Control Center"="C:\\Program Files\\ASUS\\WLAN Card Utilities\\Center.exe"
"ATIPTA"="C:\\Program Files\\ATI Technologies\\ATI Control Panel\\atiptaxx.exe"
"AltnetPointsManager"="c:\\program files\\altnet\\points manager\\points manager.exe -s"
"hqitmtevz"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\johykcn.exe"
"FLMOFFICEKEYBOARD"="C:\\Program Files\\Office keyboard utility\\1.4\\OFFICEKB.exe"
"QuickTime Task"="\"C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\qttask.exe\" -atboottime"
"NeroFilterCheck"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NeroCheck.exe"
"somlwacd"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\johykcn.exe"
"site cake"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\knob open\\Free Meet.exe"
"RealTray"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER"
"Windriv"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\windriv.exe"
"VetTray"="C:\\Vet\\VetTray.exe"
"SoundMan"="SOUNDMAN.EXE"
"Wspoolcz"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\wspoolcz.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
"Installed"="1"
"NoChange"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
"Installed"="1"

These also appeared in the startup window.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"pmc"=""
"Yahoo! Paqer"=""
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\ctfmon.exe"
"IcqBeta"="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\DZW7Z3MK.exe"

Thanks heaps for your time and interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom