Network Problems with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
Well, after about 45 minutes of playing a video game, the internet just stops. I have no idea way. I have installed the network drivers from ASUS, I have had windows update install the drivers. I don't know what the problem is, and its really annoying. If you have suggestions let me know

Mobo: P5NSLI

Needed Information:
Internet service provider?
Cable modem type, model and connection used?
Any utilization of router, switch, hub or otherwise? If so link if possible and Model number.
Game played?
Happens only in this game?
Any other time?
Have you tried another NIC?
Have you tried uninstalling drivers and then going to ASUS home, locating the drivers for your specific board and updating them?
BIOS Flash?

Have you tried conntacting your ISP and seeing if they can detect any problems from their end, prehaps replace the cable modem/box if you are renting it from them.

Being Broad does not help...... Learn not to be.. Thanks..

Needed Information:
Internet service provider?
Cable modem type, model and connection used?
Any utilization of router, switch, hub or otherwise? If so link if possible and Model number.
Game played?
Happens only in this game?
Any other time?
Have you tried another NIC?
Have you tried uninstalling drivers and then going to ASUS home, locating the drivers for your specific board and updating them?
BIOS Flash?

Have you tried conntacting your ISP and seeing if they can detect any problems from their end, prehaps replace the cable modem/box if you are renting it from them.

Being Broad does not help...... Learn not to be.. Thanks..

Well its not happening on any other computer, or my vista boot. Im dual booting, and with Vista their is not a problem, but when I hit XP, it just like drops off.

Have you updated windows Fully (Xp install not vista).
Have you updated the firmware on the router?

BIOS Flash is a BIOS update, you would need to read your manual or goto asus home to find out about such...

NIC = Network interface card. So go to the store and get a cheapo PCI one and try it that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom