Network problem! Pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly4High

In Runtime
Hi all,

I have an adsl connection for my office. My ISP provide us the connection line and a adsl router, it's working ok. I also have a Linksys wireless adsl router that connect directly to my ISP's adsl router, then I connect the wireless to the hub and share internet access to all workstation in the office using the hub, and it's working fine, perfect.
The problem is, sometime all internet access in my office is unavailabe, I've checked by ping 192.168.0.1(it's the router ip address, the default gateway) and it responded: request time out. So I had to restart the wireless router(switch on/off) and the network working again. This happened recently, once or twice a day, it made me crazy. I just want to know that if it's a wireless router problem(may it's not stable) or other reason possible(virus, hack...) or something.
I thought my ISP's connection worked fine cause I've check with them, so make sure the problem it's not from ISP.
Pls help.
Thanks a lot.

So you have Two ADSL routers connected to each other? Or is it the other method which is the ADSL MODEM that connects to the Linksys router.

Most common setup goes like this ISP>ADSL Modem>Linksys Router

Or is your's something like this ISP>ADSL Modem/Router (modem with router function buildin)>Linksys Router

Can I have the brand/model of all your network devices.

My setup like this: ISP>ADSL Modem/Router>Linksys Wireless Router.

- My ADSL Modem is Zyxel Prestige 600 Series(ISP provided).
- My Wireless Router is Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband Router.

It's enough informations? Pls let me know!
Need help urgently!
Thanks a lot.

It's having two DHCP server, that's the problem. Turn off DHCP on the Linksys then connect the Linksys LAN port to the ADSL modem/router LAN port. The Linksys will become a switch/access point and the ADSL will be your Modem and Router that provides DHCP service and NAT for sharing a single ISP IP address.

Usually I would use a crossover cable to connect the two devices.

Then do ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew on all the computers.

Hi Law,
As you suggest early, I've checked the wireless and found is has no DHCP enable, so we only has one DHCP on the modem ADSL. Then, I've checked the Linksys website and upgrade the lastest firmware for my Wireless router but it's still not stable, sometime it down without a reason, it made me so crazy!
Any suggestions more! Pls help!
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom