network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you typeing that into the broser window?? Type it just like this....

no other characters, just the numbers, and the 3 dots.

What make & model is your router. The manual that you received with it should have the router's default IP address in it. If you give us the make & model, we might be able to find it for you.

im typing it into internet explorer
it is a belkin wireless g router
version 2002uk
on the underside ive just seen a mac adress does that mean anything?

I can't find anything on the model number you gave me....
HERE is a link to the Belkin Wireless G UK products...

I do not see any mention of a 2002UK Belkin Wireless G router... Even tried Google and didn't have much luck.

I have a Belkin router, and it's default address was 192.168.1.1.

right that didn't help and i have tried that ip but no use my dad has downloaded something to map the network so hopefully that will give some help

If that IP isn't working, I would suspect that the router has been given a different IP address. If it is RESET with the reset button on the back, it should go back to factory defaults. (unless the factory default in the UK is different......)

On the computer that works... open a command prompt, as follows

START > RUN > 'CMD'

When the prompt comes up, type 'IPCONFIG /ALL' and tell give us the following....

IP address
Subnet mask
Default Gateway

Only for the computer that WORKS though.

it has been reset like that quite a few times and the default ip's that you have all said are the ones in the manual

If that is the case, I would recommend trying to get a new router... wether you have to RMA one to Belkin, or try to exchange it from the place you bought it. If you reset it to default, and the default IP address doesn't work, and the manual default IP address doesn't work, I would suspect perhaps the router is faulty.

ok thanks for all your help ill let my dad read this as he is the one who is doing eveythin that you say ill let him decide but i might be back on this forum for more help later
thanks again for all your help:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom