Network mapping failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1up4kel

Beta member
I currently support a network with about 5 servers. On my file server i have been experiencing a problem with Network drive losing connection. My question is why is this happening every 2-3 days. Then all is well when server is restarted. I was wondering if there is a Service not started or needs to be disable is there a configuration step i missed with NIC? Please help!:(

Humm.

I have the same problem. I just hooked up a wireless router in my home and I am trying to get a wireless network going between my Desktop PC and my laptop but as of yet no luck.

But the Internet connection is working. I am on my desktop PC a lot and I have noticed that i lose inter net access about once every 24 hours.

After I reboot the the dsl modem and the router all is fine.

I do not know which is the problem I am thinking it might be the linksys router since I didn't have that problem till I started using the wireless router.

i just figure out that the mapped drives that are failing are internal drive share on the file server. These drive are SCSI drives. Then are then mapped within the file server for client connection. So somewhere within the system these map drive fail. any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom