Network Issues.HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhEoNiXx

Beta member
I cant seem to figure this out on my network you can see my machine but when u click on it inside the wrokgroup it ask u to login now ive seen that before so i ran the setup network wizard and everything was fine and after the restart it keeps doing the same thing. So i thought it might be a software issue so i disabled my Firewall and eveything and still got the same response that login window. Now when i go to run and type in my pc name i can acess my own pc and see all me shares but when i try to acess it through another machine it wants me to login and i know its not something i did because i set up all the other machines and they all talk and everything ig good except my machine started to do this all of a sudden so far ive reset the router ive also reset the modem ive uninstalled and reinstalled my nic on several occasions is there something i am missing is there away to fix this Oh and i can also acess other machines shares no problems its just access to mine

If you are running XP make sure that the guest account enabled. If you disable the guest account then any other computers connecting to your machine will have to authenticiate themselves. (It's an undocumented feature.)

well it wasnt that i came to that in folder options simple file sharing some how go unchecked but i do appreciate the help man thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom