network help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therim

Beta member
I have 2 incomming internet connections. one through internet connection sharing from my roomates computer and one from my wireless card. i almost always use my ICS connection for gaming since its the most stable. My question is can i set up my computer to use both connections simultaniously? I remember back in the day you could shotgun modems, but have done some looking and cant seem to find anything on doing what im looking for under win XP SP2. I get my wireless through a router outside my room as does my roomate. If i can have multiple connections going at the same time i would be happy to get 2 internet accounts and use them as one. Any help or a pointer towards some software help would be awsome. thanks

Therim

both wireless. goes like this

connection #1

Wireless router in hallway ---> Roomates Computer ---> My Computer through Internet Connection Sharing.

Connection #2

Wireless Router in Hallway ---> My Computer Through wireless card

same box, 2 different internet accounts. I can connect to both at the same time, if i goto command prompt and throw in the old ipconfig /all i am 2 ip addresses one for each connection. but when iwatch the packet flow of both connections when downloading or using the internet its only sending through the internet connection sharing, or i can make it send only through my wireless card, but never both at the same time

therim

Can you elaborate further on the gateway router "in the hallway"?

Is there one router, or two router's in the hallway?

You say that there are '2 internet accounts' but what do you mean by accounts? how many modems are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom