Network Guru's

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
76.77.241.161 gateway
255.255.255.224 sub
76.77.241.162 IP

Tell me what is wrong with this setup and why it makes everything go nuts (my routers, Windows), then please explain to me why another network is setup this way (works) and requires a specific DNS to connect to the net.

What IP is your ISP using?

Once created a network and the actual server in our apartment complex that was leasing out IP's to the routers had the same IP i was using. Which was goofy. Anyways the setup never worked because the IP would conflict in turn never getting an IP, so i could never connect.

Kinda hard to explain. I can connect to the network, I'm assigned an IP, but it wont do anything. I have to manually assign myself an IP closer to the gateway to connect and access anything. If I try to add a repeater or DD-WRT Repeat/bridge it will not do anything. It shuts out the routers and I have to do a reset to gain access again. Every time I assign myself the IP (on the computer or laptop) Windows says something about multiple gateways (single network device) and a conflict, but there obviously isn't a conflict as I can connect fine AFTER giving myself the IP.

As to the DNS thing, my ISP (same ISP for everyone out here) assigns the DNS. On my own connection the DNS is reverse but the numbers are the same (67. first, 208 secondary) and I don't need to assign anything. On the other connection (the one I'm asking about) I have to assign the DNS myself with that IP and it must be 208. first then 67. or it wont connect to the internet. 67. and 208. obviously having other numbers behind it to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom