Network drop out when transfering files

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
Hi All,

Currently i have a setup which involves my router:

Amazon.co.uk: BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL Router: Electronics & Photo

Two Laptops with internal wireless cards (Vista and XP)

Three PS3's (Which connect wirelessly)

A Mac-mini (again wirelessly)

Then another three Desktops - one uses a linksys wireless card, the other two use:

Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Entertainment/Game Adapters/WGA54G

Its actually one of the desktops that use the above I am having problems with.

I have a network drive: Products - Network Drive 500 GB - Freecom

However when i try to copy data accross to it, anything which in size is bigger than 250MB will eventually time out causing me to lose connection completly and i have to restart my computer (Windows XP) and set the wireless device back to factory settings to get it to work again. The issue i have though is that the other desktop has no issue with uploading to the network device, nether do any of the other machines on my network.

Any advice you can give me?

Have you tried plugging it directly into the router?

It's possible you have a faulty piece of hardware. (The wireless device on the computer most likely since its the only thing causing problems) There's also a chance of it being a driver issue. But, if you have the same model hardware on other devices that may not be the case.

Are there any major differences betweens the PC's that connect and the one that has problems. (OS, hardware, installed applications, etc.)

I'm slightly surprised that other devices don't have issues with the number of "clients" you have connecting wirelessly. But, if it works, more power to you.

Try connecting hardwire first and see what happens if still having a problem is not the wireless card. If no problem hardwire I would defiantly update the wireless card drivers first. Try pinging the router with command ping -t and see if there is any packet loss.

Try connecting hardwire first and see what happens if still having a problem is not the wireless card. If no problem hardwire I would defiantly update the wireless card drivers first. Try pinging the router with command ping -t and see if there is any packet loss.

I have plugged the machine directly into the Router and i get the same issue.

The wireless device i use actually uses the Ethernet port of my machine btw.

The ping command was resulted in no packet loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom