Network Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner4379

Solid State Member
I have a Dell Latitude XPi CD P150 Notebook with a Dell Ethernet Docking Station. I'm trying to reinstall the driver for the NIC card in my docking station. According to Dell, they typically used 3com's 3c90 NIC cards on these docking stations; however, since they no longer support this old of a system, they have not been too helpful (understandably so).

The Docking Station is labeled Dell Ethernet and also has the 3com logo on it, so I'm fairly certain it's a 3com NIC card; however, I've heard of instances where this may not always be the case.

Here's the main problem. I've been to driverguide.com and found several drivers that are possible, but apparently "3c90" is the “family” of NIC cards and not the exact model number for the NIC card as there are several different NIC cards in the 900 series by 3com. The drivers I have downloaded have not worked to this point, so apparently, I need the EXACT model number of the NIC card.

Would anyone happen to know what the EXACT model number for the NIC card is in this particular docking station or any suggestions on how I can find this? I have tried everything, including google searches, driverguide.com, these and other forums, friends, dell.com, 3com.com, etc, etc. I have even opened the docking station to try and find a model on the card itself. I did find this information, but I don't think it's what I need:

3com
Parallel Tasking
40-0130-004
9644S 1496554
Lucent 40-01304

I realize it's outdated, but I'm hoping to find someone that may have the same docking station, or someone that would at least have a suggestion on where I could go to find this information.

I have looked every place I can think to look.

Thank you all for your help with this!

If you go to the 3com website, look around for a NIC utility that reads your computers NIC and it will tell you the exact model number of the card. Once you have that, the rest is a walk in the park.

Thank you very much for your help. I've been all over their website, but I never saw that. I just went back and sure enough, there it is.

I really appreciate it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom