Network deploy for patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello everyone, awesome forums you guys got going on here!! I just want some input and advice as which way to go in regards with network deploy's.

I am currently one of the Systems Technician's for a small 400+ user base network. Our servers are mainly running Windows 2000 Server and our clients are on Windows XP Pro, W2K Pro, and Winnt 4.0. We are currently looking at a way to deploy all of Microsofts security updates, service packs etc etc from a central network location.

I am aware of options such as SMS and netcheck pro etc etc, but I want to know how any of you fellow admins are pushing out patches from a network deploy, what programs, user interaction required? scilent installs? options? netowrk size? etc etc just a basic run down to give me a better idea of how to tackle this project. We are currnetly either using automatic updates (I dont personally like this because you can NEVER count on the user) or manually applying patches on each machine. Any recommendations would be great!! thank you for your time!!-Vince

I use a batch file that downloads all files from the folder on the server. From there i just get the users to click on setup or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom