Network crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
So network is a wireless laptop and a wired desktop conected by a dlnk di-524 rev A with current firmware. Network was setup ad ran for 3mo with no problems. Only problem would be the router randomly blocking the wireless and the laptop showed limited/no conectivity. Rebooting the router solved this.

The last time it did this, my home network dissappeared, and i can not get it back. The laptop will not even show the shared local folders or recogniise the workgroup. I am able to ping the router and the laptop, but cannot ping the desktop.

The day prior to the incident i did a windows update, which restarted the firewalls. The laptop runs norton and SP2, the desktop runs nothing and SP1.

Is it possible my routes Ka-puts??

Thanks

can you check for a connection from the WAN side of the router? is there any activity there?

do your machines get 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP addresses?

Not sur if this is what you meant, but in the Status Device info page, the wan is 69.xxx.xxx.xxx

not 169

I've just tried seting a second laptop on my network, and get exact same resualts.

Thanks for the replies

to figure out ur network card's ip address go go start run cmd and type ipconfig /all, this will give you all connection information, if you are getting info by DHCP go start, run cmd ipconfig /release wait a few seconds and do ipconfig /renew

see what happens

what address was shown when u did the ipconfig /all

if the ip address was 0.0.0.0 then its not seeing the DHCP of the router, over wirless do you have any security setup such as WPA or WEP, if so make sure the information is correct on the card's software, or assign a static IP thats in the range of the router's DHCP scope that's not in use, its most likely going to be a 192.168.1.X address.

I think you might be miss understanding my issue. Both my computers have internet access, and all is fine in that area.. My problem is my local/home network is gone. I cannot access or see the files or computers on my local/home network.

To answer ur questions i have WPA-PSK but until my lst router "crash" everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom