Network card locked to a certain IP adress

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossen19

Solid State Member
Hello, I have borrowed a computer from my fathers company which is running XPSP2 but the login is something called Windows Novell. Now ofcourse I have gotten the administrator password but with that I can only login marking "Workstation only" at novell login screen and then end up in XPSP2 but the network card is locked to a certain 130. IP adress and my ISP gets connection with my modem but tells me my computer doesnt pickup an IP adress. Is there anyway to change the static IP the network card is to pickup in XPSP2 with WIndows Novell login?

Thanks so very much in advance.

Can you bypass this by booting the computer into safemode? Then just uninstall that ******* novell/IPX protocol :)

If you are "borrowing" this computer and intend to give it back, you may not want to uninstall Novell.

You can modify your IP address by going to the Start Menu> Control Panel> Network Connection. Right click you Local Area Connection> Properties> TCP/IP Properties.

In this field you can change your addressing to Obtain Automatically if that is what your ISP requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom