Network Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
Ok, im using a Linksys 802.11g wireless router with speed booster and im using a cat5e cable to running into my ethernet port on my mobo, when i play CS:S for absolutely no reason i ping would spike from 70 up to 350+.

I though that it was just the internet so i went on my bros laptop, and i was getting BETTER ping and no spikes.(wireless)

If i were to get a wireless network card on my computer would it remove these ping spikes, or should i get a network card with the ethernet port.

If so could you guys point out a good network, either wireless or ethernet port, which ever is better.

I don't think it's your network card.

Have you run sypware/virus scans recently? Try shutting down all non-essential programs on your comptuer while runing cs:s.

Video lag/Processor lag are represented in CS:S as straight lag.

Well i dont have a network card, im using the port of my mobo. It wouldnt be video lag/processor lag because i get much higher fps then my laptop(Desktop 60/Laptop 30) I dont think that its virus or spyware because i did a checks with Spybot, Adaware, ViRobot Expert V 4.0 all of them fully update and nothign came up, im gonna try switching ethernet cable and c if that fixes the problem.

EDIT:Nope new cable didnt help did another virus and spyware check nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom