network adapter

kalessi

In Runtime
So I recently moved to texas and for some reason my network adapter wont work on the modem/router that was recieved from my ISP. It will connect to the network and than say limited network. I have an ASUS Q302l laptop. The network adapter is mediatek/mt7630e. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter. I believe the driver is up to date. What should my next step be.

Open up Device Manager and expand the Network devices category. What brand/model of network adapter is it?

Go to that brand's manufacturer's site, and see if you indeed have the latest driver version. Don't do the check for updates through Device Manager, as that's just the "latest" that Windows has in it's repositories / through Windows Update.

That's the wifi driver; you mentioned issues with the ethernet adapter in your OP - are you having issues with the wifi or ethernet?

so i contacted my ISP and they claim all they did was reset the connection and now my laptop is able to connect...wierd..

so i contacted my ISP and they claim all they did was reset the connection and now my laptop is able to connect...wierd..

ISPs can often have an impact on the IP address being issued, some of the time my router has broadcast a bogus range and after resetting the device remotely fixed the issue.

Back
Top Bottom