Netgear WGT624 v2 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
Hello everyone...

my current setup is that i have an RCA cable modem that is connected to a wireless netgear router. after the wireless router, i have 1 computer physically connected and 2 wireless laptop. Frequently, the laptops and computer are not able to go on websites. i realized that i have to shutdown all computers, router, and modem and turn them back on in the order of modem, router, then computers. being fed up of doing the resetting for 4 months, i went to the router today and tried to upgrade the firmware. as i was updating the firmware, my computer froze. i restarted the computer and tried to go back to the router address (192.168.0.1). for some reason, i couldn't get to the router. i tried to ping the router but it's unreachable host. when i type ipconfig/all, the router is not assigning me an IP and default gateway is blank. i tried the reset button in the back but it's still not doing anything. I did notice that the power light keeps blinking green and orange. even everytime i reset the darn thing, it's still blinking orange and green. i'm right now runing my computer straight to the modem just to get to this site. Please let me know of any fixes. i can't even access the router anymore. has this ever happened to anyone??

any help is truly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Thanks,
one frustrated ITwannabee

Sorry to tell you this, but the router may be unrepairable. I know from experience that when you are upgrading the firmware, if anything goes wrong, you the router is usually gone. I would call netgear and see if they can help you, but i think they will tell you the same thing. I could be wrong, but from what it sounds like, the router is dead.

If you recieved a CD with your router, it may have some sort of recovery utility. This utility would communicate with the Router at the physical layer rather than TCP/IP. You can then try to give the router the new firmware upgrade. If you cant find a utility on the CD, you will have to call the manufacturer.

the router came with a Resource Cd and it contains the following:

Software installer
documentation
additional useful software

i tried installing the software again but still not working.. errr.

ITwannabee said:
the router came with a Resource Cd and it contains the following:

Software installer
documentation
additional useful software

i tried installing the software again but still not working.. errr.

Is there anything in the software that says anything about TFTP, or telnet, because those are protocols that can be used. You just need a TFTP client to connect to the MAC address of the router. The MAC address should be listed under the router or something. You can read i the documentation, it should have a document on how to do this using telnet, or hyper terminal, or something built into windows.

ah, i'll check it out tonight when i get home... i thought they would have some kind of support for these kind of things but i would have to pay $45... i'd rather get a new wireless router..

Thanks again, i'll keep you guys posted tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom