Netgear vs Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkiller

Baseband Member
I did a search and did not find any similar topics so i decided to start a thread. So please post your comments as to which brand you think is better. Please post the model/name of the router you refer too along with some valid reasons to back your comments. like pros and cons.

going down to the chipset, netgear boasts 50% extra cpu speed and double ram. How can we verify that claim? I have compared my Netgear MR814v2 to the Linksys latest compact wireless router. I noticed that they both used the same MARVELL chipsets however Linksys makes no claims about cpu speed etc. How can we verify their claims.

Also I find that netgear firmware has less functions and is less technical than comparable linksys models.

What do you want out of the router? It sounds like you are looking for specific features being that you are concerned about firmware features.

well really i just want to know if their claim of double ram and 50% faster cpu is true. I have seen on other forums that netgear makes promises about features but they don't always deliver them. so that made me concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom