Netgear router help, no internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro1

In Runtime
i have a desktop that i get free internet from by using a antenna that is outside and hooks to my pc is there a way i can hook up a wireless router to it to get wireless through my house ? ???

Please explain yourself.

Your satellite from an ISP is connected from outside your house to your computer? Is this by Ethernet cord?

If the above is true, yes. Most people do the same. They have a dsl/cable modem coming in, and route it to a wireless router.

You need to put the cable into your DHCP port on your router, should be separate from your Ethernet ports. Right where your ac power goes in.

Yeah, that's how it works.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that range extender wouldn't go directly into your computer...

Just clarifying from your picture, you want your setup like this:
4802690014_cdf75c6e09_b.jpg

So if you want other computers in the house to have wireless access, you have to access the routers web browser and configure it to broadcast a wireless signal according to the router's manual. Like setting up the SSID, key, etc.

thank u guys that set-up is what i needed

PS: the router came with a CD do i need to install that CD ? if so im having trouble doing that

picture of cd when inserted

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj368/jake_1986/cd.png

when i click on setup it goes through a few pages and detects an error or something and will not do anything pass that, i restarted my pc and tried again same thing what do i do now since i cant finish installing that cd

What does the error say?

If the CD does not work you can also set it up manually. You should refer to your user/setup manual for instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom