Netgear Router help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylvam

Beta member
Ok so here is the problem.
i have a phone internet USB card in my computer right now. i then connected an ethernet cable from the laptop (with internet from phone card) into the motem. the motem gives off a signal with a password that i dont know because i didnt set it. My question is, is that router giving off internet or is it giving off nothing. i am trying to give internet from my laptop with the phone card in it to 2 other computers.

Kylvam

Okay.... You have a cell modem in a laptop and are connecting it to a router to share with 2 desktops?

But the modem is asking for a password? Which you don't know..

Call the internet people for the password as you'll need that working first.

yeah except the internet will be going to 2 other laptops lol.
its the password to get on the internet. (like a wep key)
yeah i need to call them but i was just wondering is it even possible that the netgear modem could disperse the internet from the phone card?

yeah i dont mind that. ok is there a way that i can share internet from this phone internet card with another laptop with wireless internet capabilities withough an externam router?
i know that the macbooks have internet share. is ther an equivilant for pc? or is that a hardwear thing?

ok so i tried that. diddnt do anything. is there a way that i can just plug an ethernet cable from the laptop with the phone internet card into another laptop and have it get internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom