Netgear MR814v2 router & Netgear MA111 USB Adapter (!!!HELP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTeebo

Beta member
I recently purchased a Laptop, so obviously I would want to connect it to a wireless network. I purchased a Netgear MR814v2 Router & Netgear MA111 USB Adapter. After playing with it for a few hours last night & reading different posts I have decided to post my own problem.
First I will explain my network how it is w/no router:

Cable modem goes into computer #1, another NIC sends a cable to a Linksys 5 port workgroup hub, then that goes to computer #2. I hope you can visualize what that looks like.

What I would love to do is something like this: »www.homenethelp.com/web/diagram/wirele..
I need some sort of a static IP address that people can access because I have a web server on computer #1.

Last night I feel I tried everything to get the router & laptop to communicate. The router worked great as a hub w/the to computers using a cable. On the laptop Netgear's config software said i had 100% connection to the router but I couldn't surf the internet. I tried manually giving IP addresses, I tried letting XP do the wireless networking, but nothing.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. If you could tell me the configurations I should have on the components I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom