Netgear DG834GT unable to host servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthab

Baseband Member
Hi

My netgear DG834GT is not letting me host servers for counter strike source. When i do it does'nt appear in the server list although the computer says its running. I got it to run on a crappy little USB modem but it kept dropping the connection so i gave up.

I have tried all the correct port numbers but to succes what so ever.

Does anyone know how to get the server to work through this router as id like to host a clan server?

thanks
Matt

Disable windows firewall and any other firewall. Are you hosting this locally like a LAN party? Then the router should be set up to port forward whatever port the game uses, and direct it to the computer IP address that is hosting the game. Make sure you also disable any firewall or security features on the router also, as I see it supports SPI and Intrusion control, etc. If the problem continues and you can try the DMZ features, which opens up a certain computer to the internet (not recommended because it leaves you vulnerable but desirable if you want certain things to work).

I opened the ports and set it to host on the internet and it appeared in the lan list instead of the webserver.

Ill try your sudgestion tonight!!!

Thats the problem it doesnt appeaer in the webserver list and trust me it doesnt ive had the server running for 48hrs and not a single person on and my clan mates cant find it!!!!

Are you sure your using the correct port, is it UDP port or both UDP and TCP?. I would assume the problem is with the router. What happen if you connect directly to your ISP modem and host the game.

When i connect it to the USB modem directly it works fine but the usb modem is to unreliable. I have followed steams instructions exactly, opened the ports and then set them in my firewall settings and it still doesnt work im at a BIG loss here!!!

some isp's screw with networks to the point that your internet connection is useless. first off you can try changing the port. if that doesn't work, look at the problem from if your isp is blocking the protocol and not just the port number. if all else fails they have screwed with the modem to hardly support routers, something that mine did to me quite often, common in most dsl providers especially, but not as many in cable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom