netgear dg834

Status
Not open for further replies.

becroydon

In Runtime
i really need some help, i'm tearing my hair out. have have recently bought the netgear dg834. i have connected it correctly, and followed the instruction. But now i have reached the settings i'm getting problems, when i try and auto detect my ADSL i dont find nothing, no ip-address and no signal. when i try do it maually i dont know what the hell i'm doing so it still dont work. i have scoured the net and have tried many things like changing the routers MAC address to the modem supplied with my ADSL connection, but still no help.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!

by the way i have BT Broadband

If you connect your dsl modem directly to your computer, do you have internet access? Usually you have to install some software that is provided by your isp.

If it works then it is a router configuration, easy fix.

Let us know whats up and we'll do what we can to help.

i got it working now, the problem was the ISP would not automatically give my router its DNS, i had to go looking for them

ok so now i got my router working i got 2 computers on it, all XP. I dont know jack about networking so if anyone has any tips? i have managed to get both compueters visible on a workgroup. But i dont really know what else. do i have to have one as the administrator? and also when i double clikc on the other computers icon, it say something like computer not accessible, contact adminstrator for access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom