Netgear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
Hey, im running a netgear router. Where can i edit the "Website blocked by Netgear Firewall" page?

Id like to add my own message ;)

Cheers, Guys

Interesting. I also have many Netgear products and just tried a few of them. They all use the same method... basically, it is in the configuration of Gateway. You aren't going to be able to simply "upload" a new file to the gateway is what I'm trying to say. You are probably going to have to tunnel through to the gateway using some sort of custom application. I'll look more tonight but thats a guarantee at least with my model numbers (DGL Series)

DG834GT im running, yh, would be nice to have your own file though eh ;)

You would likely need telnet access to the device. With some hardware, this is harder than it is with others. On my D-LINK DNS-323 network attached storage device for example, I placed a single file in the root directory, and upon booting the device, I am able to access it via telnet, and I was able to install a web-server so that I can keep all the web files right there on the device, and also I don't have to waste electricity having a PC running 24x7 for the webserver... the NAS does it all....

I found these 2 links for you:

How to telnet in to DG834GT? - Netgear - DSL Hardware
Representative Expression: Netgear DG834GT Wireless Router - How to Telnet

I must warn you, BE SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING, failure to do so can brick your device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom