Need wireless help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawrBeast

Baseband Member
Recently i tried to hook my Linksys WRT54G wireless router up and my PC connects but no internet, also i noticed it wouldn't acquire network or something. So i am wondering can i turn my WRT54g Wireless router into a wired router so i can then play my PS3 online as well as being on my PC? when i did have my router working my ps3 would always lose connection so it would be so much easier this way too:D.

Try this, find out what type of mac adress number the ps3 using and add it to the wireless router configuration.
Usually when you connect any wireless device to a router 80% of the time your router see's the device but can't assign a ip address and a network ID.
Happens to me all the time when ever I add a new wireless adapter to my pc and my netgear router refuses it's connection without a mac address.

Last look around or under your ps3 for the mac address lable or go into the bios settings screen on your ps3 to get it.

i have pppoe DSL with a modem, but the problem isn't the ps3 it says can't acquire the address on the PC. Yes i went through the steps for my router, but is it possible just to set it up as a wired router? i tried it before but no internet would come through :(

Just disable wireless broadcast in the router's settings if you don't want wireless at all. Otherwise you should just be able to plug both PS3/PC into the back of the router's ports.

hmm i changed gateway -> Router and i had the internet plugged into the router and pc to the router (the ps3 wasn't on) but i still didn't get internet, Does anyone know of a guide on how to setup WRT54G for wired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom