Need new router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I need one that is wireless N. It has to have OPEN Nat. My WRT54G is locked into moderate, and it is very annoying. I would just find one on newegg, but I need to make sure I don't run into this issue again.

Also, i'm gonna be getting a switch, so, anything is good there? A switch is a switch, right? I know there are different speeds, but besides that?

Before you go and purchase a new router, what is the exact problem you are having? I would guess that it is something with gaming.
Have you tried to place the console or computer into the DMZ as a test to see if that will allow things to work correctly?

Also, if you are using DMZ, or port forwarding, have you given the host a STATIC IP address? (host being the computer or console)......

I use a D-Link WBR-2310 as my wireless access point right now, but it used to be the network router, and it performed flawlessly for over 2 years without a hitch. Now I have a different service, and haven't tested out the WBR-2310 as the network router, because I have VOIP, internet, and TV all multiplex'd onto a phone line coming into the house, and need special equipment to split them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom