Need information about a thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbi_shabat

Beta member
Hey guys, I've been looking for a specific thread in these forums for about a week and a half. It was about someone who had two routers in their lan. The pc's used for personal use was behind one router connected to the internet. The second router was behind the first router and it had a FTP or web server connected to it. I believe the reason for this setup was to isolate the server from the rest of the lan in case it ever got compromised or something to that effect. I also partially remember that someone saying that they'll be able to see the server but the rest of the lan would be invsible. Not in those exact words but close. Perhaps someone might remember the specifics of that thread? I'm trying to set up a lan similar to that post here in afghanistan. I'm not new to forums so I've tried numerous searches including the archives but to no avail and I'd much rather read an old answered post instead of posting a new one which I'm sure the majority of members here are tired of reposting the same solutions over and over again. Anyways, any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for your time.

Sorry but I don't remember anything, my memories are a bit rusty, I couldn't remember what I ate for breakfast.

Maybe I can help you out, just tell me a little more about your network, what type of device you have, and what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Hey law, thanks for the help. I talked to one of my supervisors today and as it turned out, I'm being sent to another foward operating base in a couple of weeks so it's not worth setting up the lan that I had in mind. I'm still curious about it but it doesn't matter any more. Again, thanks for your help. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom