Need Help!!....wireless Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_NO_Nothing

Baseband Member
O.k. I though this would be simple...plug and play...and im good to go....not the case...

I ditched the dekstop for 2 laptops...one for my Fiance and one for me....both latptops came with Wirless cards pre-installed...they are dells....I have a Netgear wireless router....

Soo i hook the cable model directly to the wireless router...this router was previously configured for another network and was named My Home Network...the computers pick this up....but will not connect to the internet....How can I change the network name? Why can i not connect to the internet...i am getting frustrated.....is it a bad router? do i need to install the software for the router on each computer???...Please help...I am not that savvy when it comes to stuff like this...

Thanks for all the help in advance

You need to reset the router back to factory default, then locate the model and go on to netgear site for the manual. The manual will show you how to access the router to configure it. Or you can give us the model and we can look it up.

how do i find my DNS address b/c it says the "ISP provides the static ip seetings" I know how to find my IP address and gateway and what not...but where is my DNS address???

yea so i found out how to get my DNS.....put all that in...and then the next page in the setup menu could not be foudn....soo..i got ****ed and threw the router....i will definatley have to go buy a new one...i will try the new one and see where that gets me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom