Need help sending emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremaine66

Solid State Member
I'm trying to send out word documents and picture files that are 2mb's and larger.when i click send in gmail or hotmail it basically stays in the send screen for however long i decide to keep the screen over until i decide to cancel it,is there anything i can do to send these files?

ugh, what connection do you have?
if you are like me at home, and I try to send something much more than 100k, it looks like nothing is happening...
other than that, I can send large files via ie and hotmail and/or via outlook 2k3 and hotmail

size limits dependant on whatever email provider you have

What speed do you have? What matters here is the upload speed. As you have to upload the document to the GMail or hotmail servers for them to send it out. If you have a 1.5MB DSL line then your upload of a 2MB file would take about 5-10 mintues easily as your upload is not that much.

From the looks of it there is only a 256KB/s upload on that. So the file would take about 5-10 minutes lke i had stated previously to upload and send.

or send the file via a file hosting service like Rapidshare,file factory....u can see the progress and the time remaining then give the link to the person u want 2 send da mail to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom