Need help with Network Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rankintech

Beta member
I have on a station that I log into and the network drive shows 0 bytes space and 1.00GB size....well the drive 120 gb with plenty of space. This is the only station out of 20 that is doing this. When I login as Administrator everything is fine, the network drive show the right info.....any suggestions.

Thanks

Is the drive partitioned? I'm thinking the drive you are looking at on the network is partitioned into two or more sections, and the section that is shared is the 0 byte one - probably a factory restore partition.

Well I don't know a whole lot about this but it looks like our F: & H: are the same drive both show 120GB as the drive and 14.3 GB of space left. We login as stat0001, 0002 and so on. On this one computer I have the problem from above. When I login as stat0002 it shows the network drives as o bytes space and 1.00GB as total .

Do you have the correct user permissions for the drives? Sounds like maybe a problem with GPO for that station.

Do you have the correct user permissions for the drives? Sounds like maybe a problem with GPO for that station.
Totally agree. I believe it is a permission issue that you will need to contact your system admin about. More than likely there is an issue with folder sharing and permissions on either the server or your work station.

No real way to know without speaking to your IT department (or someone with access to the server).

It is on a domain....how do I remove it?

I tried logging in with a different station # this morning and it still says my network drive is 1.00 GB but instead of saying there is 0 bytes of space it says there are 1.00 GB space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom