Need help With Netlimiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shababy master

Baseband Member
heey guys

i want ur help plz to configure the program Called Net limiter to manage my wired network

i need to limit the download and upload bandwidth bu using Ip's specified in the network

Eg. some one has Virtual IP : 10.0.0.20

and this one iz in my network ( connected to my ADSL Router )

How can i limit His bandwidth using Netlimiter

thnx for ready , i hope u can help me

I am not familiar with this application.... Here is their homepage that has an FAQ on it.. http://www.netlimiter.com/faqs.php. have you read the documents that came with the software?

Are you trying to limit one of YOUR users bandwidth, or are you having an issue with someone leeching off of your network, and you're trying to limit THEIR bandwitdh??

i only can limit my Pc ( the PC where Net limiter iz installed on )

i tried to limit other Pc connected to my ADSL router but no result

and i tried to limit by IP Address ( virtual ) on my pc but no result also

summary :

i can limit bandwidth By Computer Name only not by IP Address

No Computer Name for Computers connected to my ADSL Router Appears in the program interface , so i cant limit ther bandwidth

I am still not familiar with the application, but I would venture a guess that it would have to be installed on the computer belonging to the user you are trying to limit.

You didn't answer my initial question.... Is this OTHER user a LEGITIMATE USER on your network, or is it someone 'STEALING' a connection from your router??

the both cases i want to limit users in my network officially i mean

and users which are stealing from my router

ok, for users that SHOULD be on your network, TALK to them, have them install netlimiter on their PC's, and reach an agreement of SHARING the bandwidth.... If YOU are the one paying for the service, then they really won't have a choice....

For users STEALING your bandwidth (users leeching off your network that SHOULDN'T be on it) you should READ your manuals that came with the router. Familiarize yourself with the encryption, limit your DHCP pool to a small number, don't have more than 3 addresses more than the number of hosts you have, (or do just the right number, depending if you have friends that come over and use wireless laptops, etc.)....

Net Limiter is a PC APPLICATION, it isn't going to prevent users from accessing your network.. the ROUTER has to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom