Need help with NAS unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draug

Solid State Member
Hello,

Recently got a Buffalo TeraStationPro (2TB) for the company, turns out it was not such a good deal. Their "easy integration with Active Directory" turned out not to be working at all. Their oh-so experienced techsupport read directly from the manual then ended our convos with "uhm... it says here it should work so I don't know"...

Love those guys btw! :p

Anyway, I decided to give up on this crap, I know there seems to be alternative routes with hacked firmware but since it is company material I really cannot void the warranty off it by doing such.

I am looking here to see if anyone have any ideas of a good NAS unit (1-2TB) that actually supports integration with Active Directory for Windows machines, if so, please let me know :)

Thanks in advance,

Not too much NAS discussion goes on here, so I will refer you to the Networking portion of Toms Hardware. ( I guess they recently changed the name of the networking section.)

NAS previews / reviews

Also, here is a link to their forums... http://forumz.tomshardware.com/index.php
It looks like the forums are having issues at this time though... taking a LONG time to come up.

Not really related, but I am waiting for the D-Link DNS323 to come out, to put my 2 500 Gig Seagate drives in running RAID 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom