Need help on how to use BT in college lan servers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbattousaix

Solid State Member
hey, i was curious. are there any ways to use BT clients on a college campus? I heard I could encrpyt the packets and stuff but when i tried it, i still could not get any incoming connections. anyone got some tips? thanks

Sounds like the Admin's are blocking the ports that the BT is using. Have you tried to use different ports?

yea, i have tried to use different ports but all the ports i have tried (which were random ports on Utorrent) were all blocked. I dont know which ports can be opened :(

I haven't ever tried, so I don't know if it would even work, but would it be possible to set the client to use port 80 (HTTP) which would most DEF. be open on the firewall? Or maybe the firewall would block it, since it isn't HTTP traffic... not too sure on that one. I suppose you could try though.

Law said:
You can if the BT client supports it and if the remote server supports it also. Some people don't do this because it's to slow and plus, not many people know how to put up or configured it.

I'm not sure if this will work for you but give it a try, it lets you use it for 7 days. I've never used it because I never needed to.

http://www.primedius.com/PrivateAnonymousSurfingProducts.htm

I also tried to use the program that you recommended, but im still not getting any incoming connections. i think it will work for like regular downloads, but i dont think my Utorrent client supports it

Ethereal_Dragon said:
I haven't ever tried, so I don't know if it would even work, but would it be possible to set the client to use port 80 (HTTP) which would most DEF. be open on the firewall? Or maybe the firewall would block it, since it isn't HTTP traffic... not too sure on that one. I suppose you could try though.

hrm, i tried to put in port 80, but it still is blocked.

xbattousaix said:
I also tried to use the program that you recommended, but im still not getting any incoming connections. i think it will work for like regular downloads, but i dont think my Utorrent client supports it

The problem is, it's only a demo and most of the feature that would work are disable. But if I were you, I won't pay $100 for it just to see if it would work, I would maybe email them and ask though.

Law said:
The problem is, it's only a demo and most of the feature that would work are disable. But if I were you, I won't pay $100 for it just to see if it would work, I would maybe email them and ask though.

alright. sounds like an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom