Need Help To Get Websites Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

philghost

Solid State Member
I a router to my pc and that is working superb.

I have attatched a netgear wireless card to my laptop which i am on now! and i can access certain websites through the internet.

My problem is that i cannot access some of my main website addresses like, AOL, EBAY LOG ON PAGE, MY OWN WEBSITE ADDRESS, etc etc.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Philghost:eek:

try checking the security settings in your internet options. Sometimes they default to wierd settings which can cause connection errors to certain pages.

Is your PC functioning correctly on the net?
What browser are you running?

PROBLEMS MOSTLY SOLVED NOW!

OK! Firstly thanks for your reply!

I am now able to enter most sites and i will look at the security side later.

I am running AOL 9 and am able to access everything now. The only prob i have is that it all takes so long to load up and the main pc and my laptop sometimes freeze up for ages.

The pages are very quick to load, but when i start out and close everything takes so long to shut down.

I have taken the main start menu progs off and left the essentials for smooth running, but i still am having problems at start up and close down.

PHILGHOST

Thanks again

hmm... try checking into your msconfig and stopping everything that isn't essential (essential things can be learned by the fun process of trial and error :S) try running something like adaware and spybot.
Also what operating system are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom