Need Help! Diff between...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBull

Beta member
Hi, I am purchasing a Dell Laptop. I need help with some options. The two options are *Wireless Networking Cards* and *Wireless Wide Area Networking Options.* First off, what are the two, and what is the difference between the two? Do I need both?
The options I can get for Wireless Networking cards are:
-None
-Dell Wireless 1350 Internal Wireless
-" " 1450 Internal Wireless

The options I can choose for Wireless Wide Area Networking options are:
-None
-Dell Truemobile 5100 GPRS PC Cars & T-Mobile
-" " AT&T

Please help me decide what is best, Thank you for your time. :)

The Wireless Wide Area Networking or WWAN cards allow you to jump on the internet or check your email anytime that there is cellular phone coverage. Different cards for different companies and most certainly, different WWAN plans for monthly use.
(Ever seen an insurance claim adjuster come out to a vehicle to check damages and figure out a quote instantly? A lot of insurance companies use this)

The internal wireless cards are just the simple wireless networking solutions that involve being in a proximety of a wireless access point for internet coverage.
Hope this helps you out...

-Mike

Both are physical networking cards (even the interrnal wireless solutions are "cards"). But the WWAN cards are a physical card that you place into your laptop. Then the service through Sprint PCS, AT&T, etc is the way you connect....just like a cell phone.

-Mike

Oh, thank you for your help I appreciate it. Then why do you need a Wireless Networkinging Card if you have WWAN, opr do you?

The card is piece of hardware that allows you to connect and use your WWAN service. Think of the card as your cell phone. You can call AT&T and setup a cell phone plan, right? But, in order to use the minutes on your plan......you need your cell phone! ;)

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom