Need Help Developing a Media Streaming Method

Thecorlreef

Beta member
Hi I am a new member to Techist Forums but I need some help.

I am trying to develop a method of filming video then simultaneously watching video I just recorded, 45 feet away. This is for a football team. The idea is that we can record the game then after a big play in the game the coach on the sideline can have an iPad in hand and review the footage with the players 30-60 seconds after being recorded. It should be modeled like the Hudl Sideline package except this school does not want to pay their prices per year so they have tasked me with developing this method which should be a one time payment.

My initial thought was to create a media server and have the camera connected to the SSD with the SSD connected to a router so the folks on the sideline could connect to the router and view the video clip after it had been uploaded to the SSD. The only problem with that method is that I cannot think of a way to connect a camera or an ipad to an SSD. I also am not aware of a way to connect an ipad to a media server in a way that i can view video clips.

A big problem with this is that there is no wifi network available in the press box 45 feet away from the field. The way the Hudl Sideline package works is by creating a private wifi network where the video is seamlessly sent to the ipad in their hudl app on the ipad using a couple cords and a router. There is no Coax in the press box. All help is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom