need help on connection of 2 pc's to 1 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjay

Beta member
i am doing a online management system for my final year project in college.. i want to find out how do i simulate 2 pc's to the same database..

i am using my MySQL as the database with PHP to connect it and i want to host it on the windows IIS server so that 2 pc's networked pc's can connect to the database but have no idea how to do it... can anyone help me on this..

Only if I get the final mark! :)

This involves a lot of little configurations ,,, it is not a one time post it on the net and away you go,, in the forum ,, you will get an outline,, but not the project,,

How far along are you,,

Once you have the database setup and running,, the 2 networked PC need to have accounts, and depending on what and how they connect ,, possibly client side software,,

what have you planned thus far?

what i have planned... well uploading it to the internet will be very costly so i am looking at my alternatives which is to have 2 pc's connected to a database with a client server connection because i only have to do a simulation to show the accessors that my system works ...... the other problem is tht at my college they run windows 2000 but i would be developing my system on windows xp pro... i doubt this will cause a problem because they both support IIS (i think thts what i am supposed to use...

you said something about client side software.... any suggestion on what software i might be able to use.... btw i am doing an online clinic managament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom