Need help connecting DirecTV receiver to the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdeloac6

Beta member
My main goal is to connect my directv receiver (Model: HR24-100) to the internet.
My problem is that my modem is in another room and I don't want to spend the money on a wireless adapter. My modem is a wireless modem/router combo and I have an old linksys wrt54g wireless router. I did the whole flash thing with DD-WRT on the linksys router to make it have new capabilities. One of the capabilities is a wireless bridge and I configured it to be a wireless bridge and it worked on my laptop. (I disabled the wireless adapter in my laptop, plugged in the linksys and it was like I had a wire going the laptop to the modem, and I was able to browse the internet) As far as I can tell, all you need to connect the directv receiver to the internet is, plug it in and do onscreen directions, but it isn't working with the linksys router. Pleas Help!
If this is possible guide me through it, I think it may be ip address problems but I'm not sure.
If it isn't possible, put me out of my misery so I can quit tinkering with this dang thing.

I did it! Turns out the Directv receiver only has one network connnection and it was being used for the whole home dvr. I plugged in the linksys router to the receiver and reset the receiver. When it came back the internet was working.

I didn't mean to put the question mark at the end of the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom