Need to hack D-Link DI-604

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
1. Yes I was and idiot for setting a password I wouldn't remember.

2. I set the password to my D-Link DI-604 to something clever that I am sure I would remember(sigh)

3. Got called off on an emergency and didn't try it right away and now can't remember what it was set to.

4. In my defense I might of fat fingered it(still my fault though)

Does anyone know of a program or method to brute force my D-Link internally? I know the LAN IP, I just can't remember the blasted password.

It's not the end of the world if I have to reset it I just don't to look up all the ports that I've opened up for various games and other settings I made.

Um.... if you own the router, you can just manually reset it. It will reset the password and username for you.

Duh?

Edit: If routers can be hacked so easily, then there wouldn't be any use for passwords would there?

Um.... if you own the router, you can just manually reset it. It will reset the password and username for you.

Duh?

Edit: If routers can be hacked so easily, then there wouldn't be any use for passwords would there?

I have a lot of special settings on it for games and other network apps, I am just trying to avoid resetting everything.

Anything can be hacked, especially when you have local access to it. DUH!

I'm sure you could telnet into it, but im not sure what you can do once your in.

But i'd google telnet and ur router model

Heh, funny you mention this. I set up my dlink router a week ago but didnt bother to add my laptop to the network and now my gaming pc which is the controller for the router died so i cant even connect to the internet on my laptop :(

have you tried using the "user" login?

user: user
pass: user...or just leave blank.

saving your config file after a change to a drive is always a good practice
keep that in mind from now on :)

Sure you can hack it with physical access. You reset it and use the default password. :)

As far as a *helpful* answer? Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom