Need Good Router Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I used to have (2) Cable modems. 1 for my PC and 1 for my PS2. But, now that i've moved to a new apartment and changed my Cable Account now I only have one. My cable service is extremely fast for my area and it's fantastic for online gaming on both PC and PS2.

Since my PC and PS2 are now in the same room, "Living Room" and very close together, i've been just disconnecting one and hooking up the other. But, this is getting very bothersome. So, i'm on the search for a very highend WIRED router. Having additional firewall security is also a plus.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a "good" router for gaming and one that won't bother my high speed connection?

I was looking at this but i'm not sure if it's any good?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127060

In general, you wont find a router that will bottleneck your connection. Most routers will provide a 100Mbps connection (and some 1Gbps).

I dont know about the cable company that you get service from, but the local one here provides a connection speed of 7Mbps, maximum.

For a specific router, I am not sure what to recommend, unfortunately, as I am using dialup, and see no need in getting a router here:D

HAVOC2k5 said:
I used to have (2) Cable modems. 1 for my PC and 1 for my PS2. But, now that i've moved to a new apartment and changed my Cable Account now I only have one. My cable service is extremely fast for my area and it's fantastic for online gaming on both PC and PS2.

Since my PC and PS2 are now in the same room, "Living Room" and very close together, i've been just disconnecting one and hooking up the other. But, this is getting very bothersome. So, i'm on the search for a very highend WIRED router. Having additional firewall security is also a plus.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a "good" router for gaming and one that won't bother my high speed connection?

I was looking at this but i'm not sure if it's any good?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833127060

How much are you looking at, my recomendations would be over your price range, and I am not sure you would be smart enough to use these routers either.

I was looking into that D-Link you posted (when I got angry at my much more expensive router, for being hard to work with) and it does seem solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom