Need Cisco help BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
We used to have a frame relay setup. It went down and we've switched to a PtP T-1. So, the data line is up and running and the routers can loop back to AT&T. THey see the WIC cards so I know the lines are hooked up correctly. Thing is nobody can tell me how I need to set up my routers. All the guy at AT&T could tell me was to check my timing, take off DLCI's and set encapsulation to HDLC. Does anybody know what I need to change from a frame-relay to a point to point connection? I shouldn't have to change anyhting since the physical equipment hasn't changed, right? It's the same routers as before on both ends.

Check the serial interface to see what encapsulation it is at by doing a show interface on that particular interface.

To change the interface back to HDLC, you need to be in the interface mode and run the command encapsulation hdlc. Do a shutdown and no shutdown to restart the interface.

Use the no form to remove the DLCI from the interface

no frame-relay interface-dlci

No, we didn't. We figured out we have to update the firmware and then do it again. Luckily I know a Cisco expert and he's helping out. It's not holding 6 of the 7 service-modules we're trying to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom