My wifi is being used!

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
Hello.

I have xp sp3, and my brother has vista sp3 desktops. We use local and it has wifi too.

I am having problems for 2 days.

My routes is pirelli drg a226g.

I made wpa key including numbers, lettters and special characters like %{, then i clicked apply and when i refresh, i saw a lot of characters in ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●● like that, i made 20 characters. But after a few minutes, i clicked refresh and i saw, my password again ●●●●●●●●, the old one, my mobile can could again connect ( my phone remembers old password). And a laptop is connected.

I did this a lot of times, i changed wifi name, login to router name but still it changed the old password●●●●●●●●

NOw i disabled wifi and i am waiting what will happen..

What could be? Do i have a keylogger in my computer, how do i understand this?

it may just be a small glitch on the router when it is trying to store the password.
or you clicking refresh might be causing an issue.

Try a full reset of the router, then try and manually configuring the wifi options again.
After the password has been set and applied, perform a power cycle (off then on) and test the wifi settings

Also make sure your web browser is not blocking the apply button from working correctly, maybe test it with a different browser

Look i just changed name and made a lot of numbers letters randomly and again after a lot of refreshed the password is:●●●●●●●●

I made a lot of letters.

I first make apply, then ok, then go antoher menu and come again to look and i see that passwornd has changed but afrter minuıtes, it returns old password :(

I made this in another pc but still same. My pc doesnot block i am sure because i change menu and for 4-5 minurtes, it is the neww password i gave.

Now i will reset it. I will change login name and login password, then wifi password with at least 20 characters wpa (no wpa2 available ) includes letters and numbers and special chacters.

How will i test wif sttings?

I had very hard times. I resetted then made then off and on but then my pc couldnoy connect internet. I restarted a lot times now i can at last connect but still password same, i made long but it shows default after a few minutes. I did in different browsers :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Try changing your password through the router, instead of through windows.
To get into the router, open up internet explorer, and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
If you've never accessed your router this way before, the credentials that it will ask for will be factory defaulted.

Here is the manual if you have problems (I couldn't read it).
Instrukcija_-_Pirelli_DRG_A125G-A226G_A4001N_verslo_UNI_v7.pdf

Don't use WPA. Use WPA2. It has far better protection and cant be cracked that easily.

Try changing your password through the router, instead of through windows.
To get into the router, open up internet explorer, and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
If you've never accessed your router this way before, the credentials that it will ask for will be factory defaulted.

Here is the manual if you have problems (I couldn't read it).
Instrukcija_-_Pirelli_DRG_A125G-A226G_A4001N_verslo_UNI_v7.pdf

I always do in this way, from 192.168.1.1
IS there any way to do that?

By Windows, I meant maybe using the software or something like that.
I don't know about THIS router, but for most routers the software that comes with it allows you to change the password.

And if you're that concerned about somebody using your wifi, just factory reset it and start over.

As for the "dots" issue, when you refresh the page, the dots go back to a "generic" state. This prevents somebody from even knowing HOW LONG your password is, and then try to guess it. Did you test the new password again to see if it works?

By Windows, I meant maybe using the software or something like that.
I don't know about THIS router, but for most routers the software that comes with it allows you to change the password.

And if you're that concerned about somebody using your wifi, just factory reset it and start over.

As for the "dots" issue, when you refresh the page, the dots go back to a "generic" state. This prevents somebody from even knowing HOW LONG your password is, and then try to guess it. Did you test the new password again to see if it works?

I could change before but now i cant. I made factory reset but still same.

And dots are not in this way because my mobile has old password and after updating to long password, my mobile still can connect to it, i tested it.

I can change the name of it but i cant change password. I was suspected someone was going into my pc but i now think that there is no. But still i cant change password.

Back
Top Bottom