My T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbertoc

Baseband Member
Hrmm... I have a T1 connection at my house and some how I just feel that im not getting all that speed. :confused:

I was wondering if there is a way to check if I am actually using my internet at its real speed or something.

So I suppose that while taking the test to get a 90+% accurate result, I shouldnt have anything going on that has to do with internet?

I will have to test this at another time though, but I think it gives a lower speed than I really have. You think that if that is the result I should consult my ISP?

In a way yes ive noticed a drop in connection since there is another computer on the network and sometimes it is being downloaded with many stuff. But the highest ive downloaded a file at is like 160kb/sec is this alright?

Nah, im sure i got T1, I got it with Verizon, its around 100 dollars a month. Guess Ill have to contact them.

Ok first of all let me get something clear... lol T1 is 1.5mb/s right? ... that is what i think.. What I got is a dsl connection at 1500kb/s or T1 I gotta clarify that lol not sure if its the same or what. I get confused with some lil silly things.

T1 is approximately 1.544mb/s, so rounded down, T1 is 1.5mb/s. Do you have a small box-like modem on your desk or near your computer? If so, that's DSL. But it seems unlikely that you'd pay that high for DSL or that low for T1. Contact your ISP or give more information so we can figure out which it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom