My LAC Connection is 100Mbps, and so is my Verizon Online Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have FIOS or what.. a 100mb/s internet connection is pretty damn fast. I don't even know if dsl2 hits those speeds, sounds like fiber optics to me. but LANs are often 100 mbs, meaning any data transfered over the netowrk, not internet will be transfered at 100Mbps, so like 1.25 mbs.

ya, so u dont have FIOS lol. u have a typical 1.5 mbs connection or sumthing. thats wat verizon offers, that or 3 mps, not sure, but definately not 100 mbs

nah, theres faster, just not on DSL lines, they use fiber optics. Take backbones n suchs, they have faster connections than 60. I beleive the record is around 6.6 gb/s. Some guys from caltech, amd, cysco n such transfered like 800 gb in less than 17mins or so. Many colelges are testing these kinda of connections throughout the campus, but is limited to that for now.

If you are only downloading at 88 KB/sec, you have more like a 768Kbps DSL connection, no way a FIOS or even a high speed cable connection.

SO WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING ME ON AIM THAT YOU HAVE A 100 MBPS CONNECTION AND KEEP BACKING IT UP AND I KEEP TELLING YOU U HAVE A SLOWER CONNECTION AND U KEEP TELLING ME OTHER WISE...

Edit: didnt notice cap's lock was hit.. i was watching tv... too tired to change it atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom