My internet has been crawling lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynesox

In Runtime
Ok so my internet cut off for a few hours the one day and ever since I hooked it back up its been crawling along, and I randomly get signed out of xbox live alot (I have a wired linksys router set up for it)

I use comcast and as stated above im routing it betwee n my 360 and computer. Im just wondering what i can do to fix the sluggishness of my internet. Anything i can try right off the bat?

If you need me to post anything that will help you please ask I realy want this lameness fixed

PS> webpages are actually loading at an alright speed but my downloads on 360 and my comp are going extremly slow

Bwt im only getting like 88kb a sec

Have you reset the router? Have you reset the modem? Have you contacted Comcast? I know that Comcast throttles but i am not sure if they have a limit on how much bandwidth you can use. I know that some providers only give you a certian amount of a bandwidth and then cut you down to dial up speeds when you get close to breaking it.

I havent really downloaded anything in awhile, also it wouldnt explain xbox live disconnecting and such

Also I turned the router and modem off wait for a while then booted them back up

Well my only advice is to contact Comcast as there may have been damdge done to your line. The XBOX Live disconnecting could be du to the fact the signal gets so low that it basically drops the connection and then gets it back when it gets high enough.

SO they could possibly fix it from there end?

Forgot to add my aim disconnects sometimes now too

If it is a problem with the line then yes. They can send out a tech. If it is not a issue with the line then you have something wrong on your end. Like spyware or a virus. Have you done any scans?

Check the Virus section and use Osiris's guide. Post a hijack this log in the analyze area for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom