My internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
When I amplaying online in Madden 07 with my Xobx 360,my games are really laggy, and I dont' get why I have DSL internet. Is there anyway that I can fix this or is it just my internet being too slow?
My DSL is:
Up to 1.5 Mbps download/
Up to 896 Kbps upload

Is this not fast enough to play madden online? I never had any problems playing 06 on the normal Xbox so Idotn' get what it wrong. I called my ISP and they said there is nothing wrong with my DSL, so I was wondering if you all know of any ways taht I can fix this?

Can you give us more information about the topology of your network, and how many hosts are on it?

When you are playing games, do you have computers that are connected to the internet, and perhaps download things via P2P or bit torrent?

Or, perhaps the cause of the issue could be another user in the same game with a slower connection... I am not sure that it would affect you like that though.

All i have hookedup to my router is a comptuer, laptop and printer, all of which are off while playing. Also, when talking to the peopel I am plyaing aganst i am the only one they have problems with.

Hrm... What model router are you using, and what is the version number of the firmware?

Also, try running a bandwidth test on your computer to show what it comes back as, and post it up here.

I have tired using a lynksis and a usbrobotics routers, I have also had my 360 hooked right up to my modem and that didn't make a difference. Also, I called the DSL company and they said that my connection was all god.
Accordign to CNET.com's test i have a
888.1 Kbps - You 888.1 kbps connection.

is the 888.1k the upstream or downstream speed?

If that is the downstream, speed, I would suspect that the upstream might possibly what is causing your latency...

You can get the upstream/downstread speeds here....
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ Just click the link, then pick one of the servers listed on the left, and the test will begin automatically.

When you previously called your ISP, did you ask them to verify the settings they have for you speed, and also your distance from the serving CO, or neighborhood gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom