My ethernet port doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I bought one of those internet powerline adapters so I could go wired instead of wireless, but it wouldn't work so I thought there was an issue with the setup. However, I tried it on the other computer in the same room and it worked fine. How can I make my ethernet port work? I don't need a network card or something, do I?

Does anyone know anything? Should I have put this in hardware troubleshooting instead?

Check your device manager. Is the Ethernet card listed as working?

An the BIOS I have seen a fair few mobo's where you can disable the enthernet port.

Where am I supposed to look for it?

Under ports (com and lpt) it says
- communications port (com1)

Under network adapters it says
- 1394 net adapter
- hamachi network interface
- linksys wireless-G usb network adapter with speedbooster

So does any of them have a Yellow ! by them? Have you double clicked on them all and seen if it says that they are all operational and enabled?

Things with yellow:
Other pci bridge device
PCI memory controller
SM Bus controller

These things and the other things I listed are all enabled.

Well i would seriously look into getting ALL of your drivers working. The PCI Memory Controller and SM Bus Controller are usually not good to have disabled. IT could very well be that they are the reason why it isnt working.

Before you ask where to get the drivers, check your manufacturer's website. If you dont know what devices they are for try Everest, SiSandra Software or Belarc Advisor.

Also add yoru chipset drivers to the list as well.

Wait the pci memory controller and SM bus controller are enabled though I thought. Does that yellow ! mean they aren't enabled? When I double click it says enabled.

Edit: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom