My computer wont connect to my belkin network

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAWN said:
Next time buy a linksys or netgear router.
haha, never had a single problem with either of those. Belkin routers suck!

I assume you've checked the firewall to disabled already, but I've had that mess up my pinging before.

nyokai said:
Basically i have tried everything to get my computer to connect to my new belkin router. I only bought it so i could connect this pc and the 2 others in my house together and share the net (obviously) Its proving a ***** to set up properly. I have managed to connect one of the other pc's (the one left has no monitor at the moment) but my computer just doesnt like it at all. I tried to set up the router on this computer to start with, no luck, my computer didnt respond to any connection at all, it hadnt registered anything, the router was telling me that it was connected though, tried to go to the router set up page (192.168.2.1 in internet explorer) no luck, couldnt find it so it automatically searched the net for some reason.... Then i tried the same with the other pc. woo it worked. Tried the bundled wireless usb adapter on this pc. installed the software just as it said. then the software doesnt seem to start up at all. Nothing. Tried the usb on the other pc when it wasnt wired up to the network and woo! that connects, so whats the problem with my pc? any help would be greatly appreciated, i have no clue whats going on :(
cheers
Nyokai_x

it might be give you the same ip address to different computers. unistall all ide driver and reboot the computer with router and modem off. let the driver reload and shut the computers off. wait 3min. turn modem on first and let it load. then router and ditto. then the computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom