Multiple User Login for 1 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bla!!

Daemon Poster
Hey, have any of you heard of some plugin/application that would allow multiple users (stored in a separate fil) to log into one Windows profile through the windows logon script?

What I'm basically trying to achieve is having a user file put on my network that the windows logon would reference to find if the user can log into one Windows profile on a computer.

Anyone heard of something that can accomplish this??

hmmm, here at work, what we do is the following. Setup the machine, goto system properties, click user profiles, select the user profile that you setup the machine with, click copy to, click browse, browse to the folder named \documents and settings\default user (show hidden files option in folder options must be set), click ok, it'll prompt you to confirm overwrite click ok.

now every new user that logs onto the pc will have the same settings as what you setup.

edit: found these other links

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...rver/reskit/en-us/deploy/ccmdepl/ccmch06.mspx

Chapter 6 - Managing User Data and Settings

With the User Data Management and User Settings Management components of the IntelliMirror feature of Microsoft® Windows® 2000, you can centrally manage and control user desktops, settings, and data throughout your organization by storing data and settings on network servers and by synchronizing files.

-----------------

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/xpusrdat.mspx

User Data and Settings Management

Abstract

Designed for system administrators, this article explains the IntelliMirror® user data and settings management features for Windows® XP. These key components of change and configuration management can help organizations reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).

Yeah, that would definatelly work if we were talking about a managable amount of users. But I'm looking at accounts for potentially over 40,000. We already have a system for them to authenticate to our servers and we'd reference that database to authenticate them.

I was just looking for a way to make that log them into one singular profile on a Windows Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom