MTU Set to 1500... tests showing 1480?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damolee

Solid State Member
Hi there folks, got a problem which is seriously starting to bother me.

I am using a PPPoA ADSL Router, in the settings I have set the MTU values to 1500, aswell as in Windows using TCP Optimiser.

But when I am running all online based tests, it is showing the value as 1480 which is incorrect, tried various sites and getting the same results.

I have updated the firmware on my Router, and now at a complete loss as what to do.... is this normal whilst using a router? They are a new concept to me, its a Dynamode R-ADSL C4S ....

Does anyone have any ideas? ....as I know this will throttle what was before hand a good connection with my standalone internal ADSL modem.

Much appreciated,

- D -

Adsl can't do more then 1450mtu or it won't be able to sync to the isp.(Most optimal on my line is 1430)

Sorry to say but that isn't true.

Previously my MTU was set to 1500 and it ran speedy without any problems, that was using a standalone ADSL Internal modem.

The router can be set above 1500 MTU, the modem built in cant and there is no support or better firmware, bloody thing.

MTU = maximum transmission unit.

Damolee, it is true PPPoA packets are smaller than PPPoE, hence the incompatibility between PPPoA and PPPoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom