Mozilla crashes when viewing videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
Friend of mine updated his flash, uninstalled flash, uninstalled mozilla, reinstalled both.

He can't view any videos without crashes.

HowStuffWorks
YouTube

Pretty much any video online, his mozilla crashes.

Hes tried other browsers such as IE8, Opera, etc.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Use Internet Explorer or Opera.

Sorry for the smart-*** response, but I've been having a lot of issues too with Firefox recently. Especially when dealing with Java applets with multiple tabs -- crashes for me every time. I hope someone in this forum can shed some light on our situations.

Use Internet Explorer or Opera.

Sorry for the smart-*** response, but I've been having a lot of issues too with Firefox recently. Especially when dealing with Java applets with multiple tabs -- crashes for me every time. I hope someone in this forum can shed some light on our situations.

IE and Opera crash also.

That's definitely a big issue then, well if the new flash uses the gpu... couldn't it potentially be a problem with the video card driver? A complete guess, I don't know but he should try updating them.

That's definitely a big issue then, well if the new flash uses the gpu... couldn't it potentially be a problem with the video card driver? A complete guess, I don't know but he should try updating them.

He runs a much older computer, and he has all the latest updates for his video card as it is.

Have you updated Java and Shockwave? Have you run the Adobe Flash Uninstaller before installing the latest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom